So, you’re actually back for more? I’m impressed. Without further ado, here are today’s 25 of 100 random things about me:
- I have never felt like I am the age that I am. When I was younger, I felt I was older and now that I’m older I always feel at least 5 years younger than I really am.
- Sometimes people get shocked when they meet me for the first time. This usually applies to people who have only spoken to me on the phone and don’t know my full name or have ever seen a photo of me. Sometimes people who have only spoken to me on the phone and know my full name1 are still shocked by the fact that I’m asian. I guess this means my English is good.
- Poor blood circulation must be the reason that my hands and feet are always cold, even if I’m cozy everywhere else.
- I have never been skiing. I went skiing for the first time on Feb 15 2009 and wiped out, but good. So good, we called it YouTube worthy2.
- Nor have I ever been anywhere outside of Ontario. I am hoping 2009 is the year to change that.
- I love the idea of extreme sports like Bungee jumping, sky diving, zip lining, ice climbing, outdoor rock climbing, and racing.
- I have yet to do any of that.
- I’m not sure 2009 is the year to change all of that, but hopefully some of it.
- Being a multi-tasker, I will email you things as we’re discussing them over the phone. I will also be drinking something while doing this, and I may be listening to my favourite song, the radio or the TV as well. I might… even be planning everything else around what we’re discussing.
- I dislike talking on the phone unless I have a headset that allows me to keep my hands free to do other things.
- I can’t do a project half-assed; I either do it well or not at all. This is a problem when your employer doesn’t so much care about the quality of your work but rather that it just gets done. When I find this out, I usually quit.
- I like to enter contests online. The only one I’ve won was a contest on torontostar.com for a DVD of Hero (Ying xiong) starring Jet Li. It has been at least 5 years and I have yet to watch this movie. I don’t think I’ve even opened it.
- My favourite movie of all time is Cameron Crowe’s ‘Almost Famous’ starring Kate Hudson, Billy Crudup,
- Frances McDormand, Jason Lee and Patrick Fugit. I know there are many others who were great in the movie, but these 5 are my favourites.
- I love it because of the great music in the movie, and because of how accurately Crowe depicts how much you can love a piece of music or a band/artist. Other great things about the movie: how hot Billy Crudup is playing the guitarist.
- I like cooking in general, but baking soothes me. Cookies and cupcakes are my favourite things to bake.
- When I was a teenager, I was convinced I wouldn’t live past 40. I was so convinced that I was ready to kill myself doing some sort of extreme sport3 just to make sure my prediction would come true. Just to clarify: I didn’t mean that I would commit suicide but I was planning on basically doing things without caution and if I survive, then I survive but if I die then my prediction would have been bang on!
- I’ve had John Mayer’s ‘Come back to bed’ as my ring tone since Oct 2008 and I’m still not sick of it.
- I’m sure the fact that I don’t get that many phone calls, helps that fact.
- Not getting that many calls, doesn’t bother me that much. I prefer texts and emails anyway.
- I saw Bruce Springsteen for the first time in May 2008, I wasn’t *that* much of a fan before that but I sure am now. The man can rock.
- I have been to a concert on my own before, and I really enjoyed myself. It was a Jewel concert and I had great seats in the Orchestra.
- Movies are another story though, I’m not sure I could go to see a movie by myself.
- Despite all the people I’m close with who loves music, I’ve always found it hard to get people to go to concerts with me. I guess it doesn’t help that these people who love music are also not rich4.
- Eating by myself is something I like to do as well. When I was living in Dublin, I used to love going into town5 on the weekend to sit in a Bistro to have a meal, read a book or write in my journal and a nice glass of wine.
How about now, do you think you know me? Or have I at least inspired you to write your own ‘100 random things…’ list?
Other posts in this series:
100 random things about fragileheart – Part 1 of 4.
100 random things about fragileheart – Part 2 of 46.
100 random things about fragileheart – Part 3 of 4.
Final 100 random things about fragileheart7.