Coming back ‘home’

When my parents and I got to the airport an hour later than we should have we discovered that the flight was delayed by 1 1/2 hours. And it really wasn’t that big of a deal. Except for the fact that I had to sit in a middle seat, but I forgot about it for the meantime. My parents and I were able to have dinner at the Swiss Chalet at the airport at a luxurious pace so we saw it as a good thing.

Unfortunately, the day only went downhill from that point. Boarding was delayed for some reason muffled over the PA system. Panic begins to hit us, as we discover that the huge amount of time he has left between picking me up at the airport and playing in his golf tournament has now been reduced to ‘tight’. Once I finally got on the plane and into my claustrophobic middle seat, I was pleased to discover there were two movies I would be interested in watching in case I can’t sleep. Which I couldn’t do. So, 6 1/2 hours and a very sore back later. I get to Heathrow and trudge through the terminal to get to the shuttle that will take me from Terminal 4 to Terminal 1 where I must then wait 2 hours for the flight they rescheduled me on. *breathe*

**To top it off we finally figure out that he can’t pick me up because my flight doesn’t land until 14:40, and his tournament is at 15:00. We had both been looking forward to seeing each other at the airport so very much and it was a huge disappointment to us both. And I wanted to get mad, but instead I decided to be understanding.** >Exhausted. Once I got on the Aer Lingus shuttle to Dublin I finally dozed off only to be woken 20 minutes later by an announcement that passengers can now make their purchases from the deli. Grrr. Thank goodness I got a text from him telling me that there will be someone available to be pick me up from the airport.

Everything after that point was simple, even getting through immigration was a breeze despite not having the proper stamp on my passport because of huge line-ups at the immigration office before I left (long story, maybe another time). Upon landing I got a text from him saying that I was invited to dinner at his house and that he wanted to spend the night at my place. We don’t normally spend the night when there’s work in the morning because we both end up too tired.

The real icing on the cake? I got the most beautiful bouquet of flowers from him, and we had one of the best nights together. Truly unforgettable. *sigh*

responses to “Coming back ‘home’” 2

Comments are closed.