I’m done training at work. And this other place that I went to for an interview called me back today. It’s shaping up to be a good money making summer. BUT. I haven’t heard from the place in Ireland yet. I’m getting worried. Not just because I haven’t heard from them, but I’m getting worried that when I do finally hear back from them, it will be too late for me go over in July. Should I email them and say something? That I now might not be able to go over until closer to the end of July?
Why will it take so long? Because I haven’t applied for my working visa. Why haven’t I done that? Because I don’t have the money to waste applying for it in case I don’t get the job with them. It’s quite the vicious circle. They want to be sure they want me, but the longer it takes the longer it will take for me to get over there. I don’t know if I should initiate contact with them and let them know my situtation or wait until they contact me again. On the one hand I’ll be covering my bases, on the other I’ll look really eager and presumptuous if I contact them first. ARGH!!
Oh and some more background info: This company is a HUGE global player in my industry and I do NOT want to risk pissing them off because I don’t want to completely ruin my chances of getting a job with them ever again.