Well, I guess that’s it. Isn’t it? This year is finally behind us. I’ve never looked forward for a year to end so much as I have this year. This year was the worst year out of all the years of life. And yet a lot of wonderful things happened1; I guess it just goes to show that there is always good that will come out of a bad situation. I just wish there had been more good this year than bad.
The things I wish to never forget about 2013:
1. That time I was in the pilot episode of a reality TV show called, Come Date With Me on the W Network.
3. Stage Managing for Canadian Music Week and meeting #LeBeau, Garret3.
4. Stage Managing for North By North East and meeting Sloan. Sorry no pictures.
5. Getting a brand new family member, Drogo.
6. Having a custom vine made just for me by Cyrstal Light Canada.
7. Assistant Stage Managing for Pride and getting to meet and work with En Vogue.
8. Going to Cunt Cottage and having an amazing weekend away from the city.
9. Working for TIFF and getting to see some stars up-close-and-personal-like. No pictures, because I want to be able to work there again in 2014.
10. Going on a boat cruise with Shannon & the gang courtesy of Crazy Uncle. No pictures because I have no idea what I did with the pictures from that cruise. Oops.
11. Volunteering for TEDxToronto4.
13. Working on the 48 hour film project where our team won Best Ensemble Cast.
13. Meeting and falling in love with #LeBeau’s two daughters5. No pictures, of course. They’re too wittle.
14. Celebrating Christmas with our families and getting 2nd Christmas with the girls. Also no pictures, because I’m a spoil sport like that.
15. Being able to celeberate my birthday & the holidays with some really awesome friends. Again; no pictures, because we didn’t take a group photo and there are too many great ones to choose from.
16. Getting to keep in touch with my wifey, Christine Estima even though she’s a gazillion miles away.
I’m not at all interested in re-living the past that was this horrible year, so I won’t go into any details about it. I would rather look forward with hope and excitement for what 2014 might have to bring. I can only hope that it’ll be a good year because if my own personal history has taught me anything 2015 is set to be another doozy. You see, there’s something about years that end in zeros and fives – they don’t like me very much. I had a terrible 1995, I can’t say 2000 was any better, 2005 was horrible, 2010 was another nightmare year… mind you, they were all bad for heartbreak but not much else.
Anyway, that’s a whole 365 days away. For now, here’s hoping that in 2014, I…:
- …no longer have to worry about how I’m going to pay for groceries or laundry.
- …can actually afford to meet up with friends at least once a week.
- …find the energy to get off my ass and start exercising again.
- …will visit my parents and cook for them more often.
- …will stop worrying about things that I really have no control over.
- …can reconnect with some old friends who I miss but have drifted away from, for no good reason. And stay connected.
- …get to go camping twice – once with the family, and once with the man and/or friends.
- …get to visit somewhere I have never been.
- …write more for this blog.
- …learn how to make a Filipino dish I have never made before, but love to eat.
And that’s about it. I had a longer list but I’ve cut it down some in an attempt to be a little more realistic with my resolutions. I didn’t make any resolutions for 2013 because at this age, I’m kind of over them. Since 2013 was such a bad year though, I needed some things to look forward to. And these are some of the more important things I’m looking forward to for this New Year.
What are you looking forward to in 2014?