I love my mobile phone… its green, cute and one of a kind here in Toronto. I got it from Dublin and got it unlocked when I moved back to Toronto. And now its not working very well. It works to the point where I can accept phone calls and move to the first screen of a menu item but after that point, it just freezes.
So I’m shopping for a new phone. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to buy one anytime soon1 but now I might have to get something sooner rather than later. My first choice would be the iPhone but it will cost me at least $300 to get it.
I’m a gadget girl, but I was happy with my phone when all it did was allow me to make phone calls, and send and receive text messages. But now that I’m being forced to get a new phone, I might as well go for the gold2:
- Send and receive text messages, make and receive phone calls3.
- 2.0 MP camera5.
- Picture messaging.
- Mobile internet6.
- PDA stuff like Calendar, task lists, notebook for my ideas, etc.
- Games7 for when I have to take public transit but don’t want to bring my DS.
- I’m sure there’s more8…
Some of the options9 that I’m considering are the Motorolla K1 Krzr, Motorolla Q9h, LG Shine TU720 and the Blackberry Pearl 8120. The Motorolla Krzr is one I’ve wanted for a long time, and I would actually prefer it in black but Rogers only carry it in silver so I guess I’m going to have to take it10.
The Motorolla Q9h has built in GPS and will allow me to access the internet11, which isn’t necessary but a nice plus for a phone that could only cost me $5012. And is pretty much the only reason I would want this phone. I mean really, its big and bulky which doesn’t translate well into party attire13.The LG shine might be a better compromise, at least size wise, and I like that it is also a PDA. The Blackberry Pearl is one that I’ve been admiring since they came out but then it quickly took a backseat when the iPhone came out. Obviously, the size of the Pearl is the biggest plus for me but I’ve heard some pretty bad things.
This concludes my very vague overview of the contenders for new mobile phones. And as always, I’d like to know what you think…
Which phone do you think I should go for?
p.s. I have to stick with Rogers because my family is on rogers…. or do I?
- despite, my bugging my Mum for an iPhone[↩]
- and get what I really want out of my phone[↩]
- these are a given[↩]
- This should probably be a given too[↩]
- and someway to download them to my computer without sending it via a text message or something similar[↩]
- not really necessary since I’d probably always go over my quota anyway[↩]
- that don’t eat up all my battery[↩]
- but that’s all I can come up with at the moment[↩]
- other than the iPhone[↩]
- should I decide to get it of course[↩]
- which has its pros and cons[↩]
- on a 3 year plan – heh[↩]
- i.e. small bags[↩]