I’m sure everyone is going to be posting about the New Year today, but let’s face it. Its what is relevant right now. After careful consideration of many factors1 I decided on the following resolutions for 2009:
- Diet: I hope to keep up the diet that I started at the beginning of December. So far I’ve lost 8lbs in 4 weeks, and I would like to lost another 8 so that I can get to the middle of the ideal weight range for my height and age.
- Exercise: I also hope to become more active by either joining a badminton or volleyball club, going for more walks, or even just help my Mum clean around the house – now there is a workout! Of course, I hope to continue to go rock-climbing in 2009, but I’ve come to realise that its hard to expect to be able to go every week so I need to look for alternatives.
- Money: I hope to2 pay off at least 40% of my debt by the end of the year; this was one of my resolutions last year and I managed to pay off 10% off of my PLC3 but when Christmas rolled around, that quickly vanished. But next year, thanks to A & *him* for advice, I have an actual plan for paying it off: pay more than the minimum payment! Who knew?!4
- Friends: I need to keep in better touch with people; I’m so very bad at keeping in touch with people who are in the same city as me but I’m great at keeping in touch with people who live thousands of miles away because they’re on the internet. What a joke!
- Blogging: I need to manage my blogging time better so that I can stop blogging at work! This is probably going to be the hardest habit to break as it has become just that, a habit. It doesn’t help when its not busy at work but I’m sure I could find something to do5 if I actually tried to find something to do. I used to be a huge advocate of the mentality that There is always something to do, yet there I was dilly-dallying everyday.
I know it seems like quite a lot, and that you’re meant to limit your resolutions so that you’re not overwhelmed with trying to keep all of them. But some of them are related to each other so it shouldn’t be too hard to keep all five.
Are you making any resolutions for 2009?