Haley said, Think back on the last 15 years of your life. What would you tell someone that you hadn’t seen or talked to for 15 years? How would you sum up your life? You get 10 bullet points. A list of 10 things to summarize about you. At the end of your list, tag 5 more people and send on the love…
And in keeping with her brilliant idea to write it in the form of a letter, I present to you my letter to someone I used to share the occasional bath with.
I’m so glad to have finally have gotten a hold of your contact information. I can’t believe it’s been 15 years since we used to play barbie and take baths together… or is it weird that I remember that? (Of course, I only remember because I have this photo of us…)
There is so much to catch up on but I’m afraid I’m going to have to use bullet form or I may not be able to get on with this list:
- I suppose that’s the first thing I should tell you, I’ve become a little bit of an obsessive-compulsive but not to the extent where I switch lights off and on a certain amount of times. Just to the extent that everything has to have it’s place or I won’t put things away or get the job done. Now that I can ask someone who’s known me as long as you have… can you tell me if I was always this way? My parents didn’t seem to notice.
- Remember how I always wanted to become a singer? Well, it never happened… I tried out for the first season of Canadian Idol but I didn’t get past to the Celebrity Judges. Guess I’ll have to stick to Karaoke – which by the way, I currently rock at.
- I’m sure you remember how much I used to like drawing too. Well, nothing came of that either. And actually a close friend of mine is living one of my other dreams of running her own design company. She runs it with her husband, but that’s besides the point.
- This is a much more recent occurrence than anything else that I have to tell you but I’ve put on weight. No, I’m not fat. But I’m not exactly the skinny girl you used to know. I know, I know I always had an ‘ass’ but trust, there are a lot more curves now. What about you… if anything, I remember we were much like twins in our physique.
- Ooh. My brother is huge. Taller than my Dad now… how about your brother. Oh and he’s useless. Ok, not really but he’s in school and mooching off my parents. When I was in school, I had a full time job in the summer and part-time jobs through out the year. Sure, I didn’t get top honours in any of my classes but neither is he.
- Speaking of school, I graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce (not that I’m using it for anything right now) specialising in Hospitality and Tourism Management (even more specifically Food & Beverage). What does that mean? It means I should be able to run a restaurant. Would I actually be able to run one? I’d like to think so. Do I want to? Hell no. Chef’s are asses difficult to deal with. What about you, what did you take in school?
- So that was my industry, hospitality, and while I still love the industry… I can’t work in it anymore unless I get a job Event Planning or something similar where I wouldn’t have to carry trays and such on account of my wrist. Doctor says it’s some sort of inflamed muscle thing… boring details really. What do you do?
- I really hope we can keep in touch… we’re so much alike, at least in that we’ve lived in so many different parts of the world. We were both in Dubai, we’ve both lived in Canada, you’re in Australia now and I have had a taste of living in Europe. Ireland to be exact. Dublin to be more specific. It was wonderful, and I can’t wait to move back.
- Of course, I have other reasons for wanting to move there… and yes it is a boy. I know, I know… I always was a bit boy crazy. But this one’s different. We’ve been together for almost 4 years now. I have a feeling he’ll stand the test of time (makes him sound like a watch huh?) but I don’t want to say any more because I don’t want to jinx anything. Of course, if you really want… I’ll be glad to tell you more.
- I’m not quite sure what else to tell you except that I’ve also been ‘blogging’ for the last 10 years or so. Of course, before the term blogging was coined I was just airing out my dirty laundry online for all the world to see. Anyway, I love it and I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world (though I would give it up for him).