I was expecting 2008 to be more depressing, but it turned out to be a great year for cementing some friendships. Having said that, I am so glad to be able to put 2008 behind me. 2008 will always be the year I had to spend apart from him for any1 length of time and I can’t wait to say good-bye to it.
But because I’m not one to be pessimistic, I want to highlight some of the great things that happened in 2008. In chronological order2:
- I visited Dubai and was able to re-connect with some great friends, like ‘te Maeyo & Yevka.
- I got my very own special candle from Black Light & Co., courtesy of Ms. Holly Eve.
- I participated in Earth Hour.
- I made friends with a duck.
- I went to Dublin in May/June and got to see the Boss in concert.
- I went to visit my Bubble3 in New York.
- I met up with a pretty blonde sister.
- John Mayer came to sing to me4.
- Heath Ledger rocked my world in The Dark Knight
- He came to visit Toronto for a friends’ wedding, where he was a groomsman.
- I went Pink for October and learned quite a bit along the way
- I went to see Jason Mraz in concert and discovered I was missing out on something great.
- I got an early Birthday present from my Boss by way of a free slightly used Blackberry
- I went as Mother Lady Nature for Halloween
- I celebrated my 27th birthday with a dinner party complete with Karaoke
- I met the one and only Canucklehead
- I started rock climbing
Of course, where would 2008 be without the extra bonding that my family and I did ((No links because I have gone on about all year and I’m sure you all remember :P)). And I really hope that it only continues in the coming year.
Looking forward, and getting ready to cross
I’m not sure what else 2009 holds in store but I do know that entering the New Year brings me closer to being in the same city as him, and that can only get better! I’m looking forward to spending more time with Haza and Cathy5 and J & A6 and hopefully D7 too.
When looking forward into the New Year its only natural to start thinking about resolutions, but I’m saving that for another post. But first, I’d like to hear how your 2008 was? Was it a good year for you?
Wish you all a Happy New Year!