I’ve wanted to create my own bucket list for a while now, but I never seem to get around to actually doing it. But its better to check items off an existing list rather than not check any items off of any list at all. So when I saw Lisa got this meme from Haley, who got it from Aerten’s Blah Blah Blah blog. I thought I better yoink it before I forget or before the ‘right time’ passes me by again.
In my 27 years of life, I have:
1. Started my own blog.
2. Slept under the stars1.
3. Played in a band.
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than I can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland/world.
8. Climbed a mountain2.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sung a solo.
11. Bungee jumped3.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched lightening at sea4.
14. Taught myself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning5.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown my own vegetables6.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.
24. Built a snow fort7.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught myself a new language8.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David.
41. Sung karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had my portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
62. Gone whale watching9.
63. Got flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp.
67. Bounced a check10.
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job5.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London.
77. Broken a bone5.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle11.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had my picture in the newspaper12.
85. Read the entire Bible13.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous14.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
100. Rode an elephant.
I’m leaving this open for anyone who would like to play along. Just copy the list and edit as necessary for checking off items you’ve completed.
- I don’t think sleeping in a tent counts[↩]
- I don’t think rock climbing walls count :P[↩]
- one day… one day![↩]
- Wow, that must look stunning. I hope I get to see this one day[↩]
- touch wood[↩][↩][↩]
- *sigh* one day[↩]
- But I might do that soon![↩]
- HTML, CSS and etc. count right??[↩]
- first and only time I’ve gotten sea sick[↩]
- what a rush, he was hot too[↩]
- quite a number of times actually![↩]
- and some not so famous[↩]